SafeLink Wireless is a Tracfone Wireless, Inc. brand, a Verizon-owned company based in America. The Company actively provides Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) federal communication commission(FCC) managed programs. Through enrolling for Safelink ACP services, eligible customers may receive a free device and a monthly discount on their internet service, featuring unlimited text, talk, and data. In most cases, ACP offers a $100 discount towards the buying cost of the free iPad if you copay between $10 -$50.
Eligibility for SafeLink free iPad enrollment requires a person to meet the specific eligibility requirements where the SafeLink ACP Program is offered. You can qualify for a free or discounted iPad based on a person’s participation in a state or federal support program (such as SNAP) or by attaining income requirements following the Income Poverty Guidelines defined by the US Government. Also, you must provide supporting documents that show your eligibility. SafeLink Wireless benefits on free devices and services are limited to a single beneficiary per household.
The world is going digital in every aspect of our daily lives, and technology has evolved, demanding the necessity of mobile devices, including iPads. Thus, if you receive your free iPad and free monthly internet services from Safelink, it can be beneficial in several ways. First, you can stay virtually connected to your loved ones, attend virtual classrooms, and engage in video conferences. You can also attend to an emergency and look for employment opportunities all at your fingertips with this free Safelink premium device.
Eligibility Criteria for SafeLink’s Free iPad Offer
- Income Requirements
Application for SafeLink Program that offers free iPad requires an applicant to be ACP eligible. In this case, your income must equal 200% or less than the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The income guideline depends on your household size and state.
- Government Assistance Programs
You are eligible for Safelink free iPad by enrolling through the ACP if you participate in any of the following programs:
- SNAP/formerly referred to as (Food Stamps)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- A participant in (WIC)-Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- An approved recipient of benefits via the free and reduced-price school lunch program
- Federal Pell Grant benefits recipients in the current award year
You may need proof of eligibility based on the program by producing a card, letter, or official document showing you participate in any of these programs when applying for free iPad offer through the ACP.
- Tribal Assistance Programs
If you reside on qualifying Tribal lands, you are eligible for SafeLink free iPad through ACP if you participate in:
- Any of the federally supported programs listed above
- Head Start (only households with the income qualifying standard)
- Tribal TANF
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
In this case, you may have to submit proof of participation, including a benefit letter or official document, when applying.
How to Apply for a Free iPad through SafeLink
Step-by-Step Application Process
- Check your eligibility for a Safelink free iPad through income level or enrollment in a government assistance program such as Medicaid.
- Proceed to the Safelink website at www.safelinkwireless.com and navigate to the ‘Apply Now’ page.
- Complete the application form with correct personal information, including your name, address, date of birth, and social security number.
- Afterward, click the submit button upon completing all the sections. You will receive a notification of your Safelink free iPad approval within 48 hours.
- Upon approval, you’ll get a mail with instructions on how to claim your free iPad.
- Once you get the notification, claim your iPad and enjoy Safelink Wireless services.
Safelink free iPad applicants must demonstrate eligibility by providing copies of documentation proof. In some states, your eligibility may be confirmed via a state database. However, if a database is unavailable, you must show proof of eligibility by showing that you attain the income qualifications or participate in a qualifying government program as listed above.
You can submit one document in each of the following categories and ensure not to send original documents:
Identification Proof Documents
- Certificate of US Citizenship or Naturalization
- Driver’s license
- Birth certificate
- Green card or a permanent resident card
Address Proof Documents
- Statement of Benefits from an Eligible Program Which Name And Address
- Lease Statement or Current Mortgage
- Utility Bill
- Driver’s License, State, Government, or Tribal Issued ID (unexpired)
- Recent Paycheck Stub, Income Statement, or W2
Income Proof Documents
- Prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- State, Federal, or Tribal participation notice letter in General Assistance
- Veterans Administration Statement of Benefits
- Divorce decree or Child support award
- Employer’s recent income statement or a paycheck stub
- Unemployment or Workers’ Compensation statement of benefits
Participation Proof Documents
- Benefit award letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
- Approval letter
Safelink Free iPad Plan
Data and Minutes Allocation
Customers may qualify for Safelink’s free iPad plan by enrolling in SafeLink’s combined Lifeline and ACP plan. The bundling of these plans will give you access to unlimited text messaging, nationwide calling, and high-speed data for free. Again, the unlimited data service features up to 10 GB of hotspot data. Notably, you will get this plan provided you are enrolled in Lifeline and ACP and apply both discounts to one line.
- Unlimited talk and text
- Unlimited high-speed data, then 2G
- Up to 10 GB of Hotspot Data
- Voicemail, Caller ID, and 3-way Calling
- 911 Access
- 411 Directory Assistance at no extra cost
- Nationwide Coverage on America’s top networks
Terms and Conditions of the Plan
The plan states that at 60GB, Safelink reserves the right to review your account for consumption in violation of SafeLink Wireless Terms and Conditions. SafeLink may also switch you to a different free plan if your application in either program ends.
All data consumption restrictions apply to this plan. Also, your hotspot service can only be activated where Safelink service is offered, supported, and available. The unused balance will not roll over to the next month.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When switching to Safelink’s Free iPad plan, can I keep my current phone number?
Yes, you can port in your current number to use Safeink Wireless’s free Lifeline and ACP services if you enroll in these programs through this carrier.
Is the SafeLink Free iPad plan available nationwide?
Safelink offers nationwide network coverage thanks to Verizon’s 99% US population coverage. If you reside in a state where the carrier offers ACP services, you can get Safelink Wireless free iPad plan.
Can I upgrade to a newer iPad model through the Safelink program?
Through the Safelink Wireless upgrade program, customers can upgrade their iPad to a more advanced device with features and functionality that suit their needs and budget.
Are There Any Additional Costs Or Hidden Fees With The Free iPad Plan?
Safelink’s free iPad plan is cost-free with no multi-year contracts and hidden fees.
How Long Does The Application Process Usually Take?
It takes about 48 hours for Safelink Wireless to approve your application. Then, you can wait for your free iPad delivery to your address for a few days to a week.
Can I transfer my SafeLink benefits to a family member?
Safelink offers free iPad to only one person in every eligible family through ACP enrollment, and the benefit is non transferable to anyone.
Safelink Wireless offers Lifeline and ACP government-supported programs that give eligible low-income customers free mobile phone services and devices. Safelink provides free iPads to eligible applicants who enroll for ACP benefits. If you meet the income and program-based eligibility requirements, you can apply for a SafeLink free iPad and monthly service that includes free text, talk, and data.